tedfroop wrote:
> First off - Boomx2, Thanks for your time and effort updating and
> maintaining the plugin.
>
> NHL Game times are not displaying correctly.  My Time Zone is MST
> (offset in LMS is -02:00 Mountain) and tonight's Oilers / Canucks game
> is showing a 9:00pm start when it actually starts at 8:00pm. I don't
> know if its the same for all games but I will check tomorrows games.
> This showed up last year but I didn't have time to mess with it so I
> changed the offset to Pacific time zone after the Superbowl.

I'll take a look at this further tomorrow.  In my initial review the
code looks correct.  However, I may have an error in the calculations
for converting UTC time to Eastern time.  I would have introduced the
error back in 2019 when I updated NHL scores to use a new data source.
The time converted correctly in my checks at that time.  It might be
invalid to check for Daylight Savings Time.  DST was in effect when I
last updated the NHL scores section of SDT.

If you're interested you can try tweaking the code in the SDT plugin.pm
file.  Lines 5652 - 5672 from version 5-11-10 shown below is what needs
to be checked and adjusted.

Code:
--------------------

                                if ($game_time =~ /.+T(\d+)\:(\d+).+/) { #
Extract hours and minutes from UTC time
                                        $StartHr = $1;
                                        $StartMin = $2;
                                        if ($isDST) {