I have a number of players, howver the Squeezebox Radio I have been
using in my BBQ Shack seems to have died a death. Not powering on either
under battery or mains, I have swapped batteries with another radio and
the charging leads and still no joy :-(  I will put a post in the Radio
forum seeing what folks think about trying to repair.....

So I am looking at the potential alternatives. My server is running on a
Synology DS209+ NAS (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 023.1090 @
Wed Jul 20 12:03:07 UTC 2016.....yes I know it needs an upgrade but its
getting round to it plus I think it was a Synology package).

I have an old iPhone 5 lie-ing around, I was thinking to use that a
conduit to a external IPX7 (W-King possibly) Bluetooth speaker, Wifi to
the shack is good. Music on the NAS is a collection of MP3 and FLAC
format - from what I've read the iOS10 (which the iphone 5 runs) doesn't
support FLAC natively so needs a player.....so was thinking of an App to
"play" the tracks on the phone and then Bluetooth to the speaker......

So questions - which software will do that for me - a quick search of
the old Wiki seems to show only iPeng in existence now. On my Android
phone I have Squeezer and SqueezePlayer. I don't really want to use my
own phone as it would mean it would always need to stay in the shack
whilst playing - plus it also has the Govee light strip app which
connects via Bluetooth so if I want to change my light settings the
music would stop!

Of course any other suggestions to suitable players - possibly Wifi
enabled so could connect direct to the NAS most welcome (with any
suggestions for iOS apps to control the music!) will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!