needanamp;204129 Wrote:
> what is the host name i want to connect to? and what is my user name?
> and what port number do i choose?
>
> and what authentification method should i choose?
>
> i have got ssh secure shell and i want to connect to softsqueeze.
> basically i want softsqueeze to scan my pc and get all the mp3s, so i
> can listen using softsqueeze software, emulating a squeezebox device.
>
> How??

This is why I keep asking you...softsqueeze doesn't scan your computer
for music.  Slimserver does.  Softsqueeze then connects to whatever
computer you've installed slimserver on.

You keep insisting you've installed slimserver somewhere.  Please tell
us more about the computer you've installed slimserver on.  Is it on
the same network as the computer you're trying to run softsqueeze on?

--
azinck3