Sorry I don't think I was clear in my prior post. The web implementation
has a lot of dependencies on the Silverlight Widget (graph) and I was
trying to give an example of it.

When I started looking at the code I was expecting the widget just to
represent the data and hence be a single call to along the lines of
displayEQ(), and hence it would be a simple matter of removing this
entry and disabling silverlight - along the lines you were thinking.
However the widget and other code in the HTML are linked all over the
place so any change is very likely to break it, not saying that it isn't
possible just that it will be painful to remediate and sometimes it is
easier to re-write from scratch.

I am working full-time from home at the moment managing a couple of
teams of s/w developers so fiddling around with software from the same
desk at home isn't top of my priorities right now ;)