flipflip wrote:
> Though, that's exactly what KidsPlay already offers, isn't it? (I didn't
> study or use it really, so I may be wrong..)
I thought KidsPlay only supported JVC IR remotes. So what's more likely:
that KidsPlay adds support for Logitech IR remote buttons or that your
plugin gets support for executing custom cli commands? Guess I'll see.

flipflip wrote:
> Hmm. I'll have too look into that more. So far the only rating related
> functions I have/use is $track->rating() to read and
> $track->rating($rating) to set the rating. OK, there's those "actions" I
> offer to configure (rate(), inc(), dec(), toggle()), which to some
> extent exist as CLI functions in Ratings Light, too.
Many plugins like Material or Ratings Light split this: *get* ratings
-directly- from LMS ($track->rating) and use -other plugins- like
TrackStat or Ratings Light to *set* ratings. Haven't had a chance to
look at your code, so not quite sure what 'toggle' does. But otherwise,
you're correct, you can also have Ratings Light perform these actions
using the -setrating- or -setratingpercent- cli command. So what I'm
saying is, if you want to keep it simple and easy, you could offer all
of your predefined 'actions' but use cli commands (TS, RL) and save
yourself the trouble/time of implementing the same functions in your
plugin.