Could you describe what you are trying to accomplish and why
alphabetically sorting isn’t suitable ?

In theory I think it would be possible to scan GENRE and GENRESORT tags
with the Custom Tag module provided in Custom Scan and build a genre
menu in Custom Browse based on this data. However, depending what you
want to accomplish there might be better/easier solutions. There is
support for custom genre sorting in LMS database and browsing logic but
the standard scanner just puts an uppercase value in the sort attribute.
Depending what you want to accomplish it might be better to have some
post scanning action that adjust the namesort column in genres table to
your preferred sorting order. If I remember correctly someone made a
plugin for post scanning actions a number of years ago, not sure if it
was officially released though.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)