Playing around with a pushbutton ngrok install, it would be very
convenient if the user had nothing at all to edit after downloading the
script and only had to run it. The two 'unknowns' are his/her uuid
(which I have a nice solution for) and LMS IP address (I don't just want
to assume it'll be localhost:9000 although that is better than nothing).
I do have a tiny nodejs script that broadcasts on UDP 3483 and discovers
LMS servers but I cannot assume any javascript availability on the host
machine.

Does anybody have any ideas on how the *LMS server discovery *could be
done from Bash or Shell, maybe using e.g. netcast? I've tried
Code:
    nc -u -l 3483
 but it won't divulge the IP address of the responding server. From perl
is also acceptable if only core Perl modules are used.