Maybe I'm stating the obvious here and that I should know better but I
haven't found this info anywhere in the forum. That has nothing to do
with the forum or anyone on this forum. That problem sits between the
backreast of my chair and my keyboard.

The issue I have been facing for very, very long is that, in contrast to
what others have stated on this forum, controlling my devices on LMS
using iPeng has been super slow with intermittent failures to connect to
LMS. In fact it has been intermittently working.

So I sat down with a cup of coffee and started thinking: "What if I
connect my phone to the 2.4 GHz band, on which all my players and the
LMS (on a Raspberry Pi) is connected to instead of the 5GHz band?"

What can I say? I whish I had grabbed that coffee and used my brain (for
once) way earlier... Works like a charm... Super stable, fast as
lightning...