mr-b wrote:
> Hmm, now SLX is showing an Access Violation in Squeezelite.exe and won't
> restart. Event Viewer says "The program SqueezeliteX.exe version
> 2.7.14.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed."
> Task Mgr shows 6 processes, but despite killing them it still won't
> start.
> I coudn't find a Repair function in Installed Programs but strangely did
> under the App Settings in pinned apps.
> A thread search didn't turn up any other accvios.
>
> Do I need to save any diagnostic info before I try a reset/reinstall?

I'd love to know what happened.  Unless you had file logging enabled,
The only diagnostics would be in the application log in Event Viewer,
which you just showed me.  It is concerning to me that this is even
possible.  After thinking about it a bit, perhaps anything strange with
sounds cards?  SLX uses a dll (portaudio) to enumerate sounds cards.  If
that DLL crashes, it could bring down the app and I can't trap it.  Any
info you have on what it happened.  There were some updates to the
portaudio library recently.  Meanwhile, I'll check all my port audio
calls and make sure I am mishandling any error conditions.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X