Hello Tony/ynot,

Long after your add-on was released, Google made it easier to control
media players.

Yesterday I experimented with the Google / HA (local install not Nabu
Casa or Docker) out-of-the-box and I have basic pause/resume & volume
working.

I know that your add-on adds a lot more.

My question ... with the newish capabilities from Google Assistant for
controlling media players would it be feasible to use their capability
without having to go through Dialogue Flow?

If the HA built-in capability include treating LMS favourites like Input
Selectors then I think I would not need anything more and am tempted to
see if I can add that into the standard HA.
Then I could say something like
set input to preset 4 on bedroom radio
to play BBC Radio 4 on a bedroom Squeezebox.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland