I've recently released an early version of my new Other Players plugin.
This plugin allows you to control your other players (assuming you have
some!) from your current player and to transfer playlists between them.
Current features:

- Transfer the playlist from another player to the current player (Grab
Playlist)
- Send a playlist from the current player to another player
- Turn on/off another player
- Adjust the volume of another player
- Sync/unsync with another player

I also plan to add a Browse Playlist feature that will let you browse
the current playlist of an other player (and use the Play/Add buttons
to grab individual tracks/albums from the playlist).

I'm afraid that this is for SlimServer 7.0 only (at the moment?). For
more information and to get the plugin, go to
http://thespicers.net/otherPlayers.html.

All comments/feedback welcome!  This is pretty new, but works reliably
on my set up.

Thanks,

Max

PS  I announced this on the Developers forum a week ago (partly by
accident).  Nothing's changed in the past week.

--
max.spicer

What do we want?  Smoother Analog VU with FLAC!
When do we want it?  At the soonest possible convenience to the
hard-working yet undervalued Slim Developers.  ;-)