mrw wrote:
> The original stream (last week or so) was
> https://live.streamlojik.com:17070/20210210_2004.aac

Thanks.

mrw wrote:
> Well, no, that's not what I see. I am seeing "threshold=20480" in the
> Radio log regardless of whether the server side threshold is 0, 20, or
> 50. But changing the server side threshold certainly impacts the time to
> wait before starting playback. So there's something else going on.

I checked my radio log again and I do have 204800 with  $outputThreshold
= 20 in Slim/Player/Squeezebox.pm playing my http aac test stream.

Code:
--------------------
    Feb 26 15:03:43 squeezeplay: DEBUG  audio.decode - Playback.lua:424 resume
audio bytesReceivedL=208896 outputTime=4245 *threshold=204800*
--------------------

mrw wrote:
> Does the stream in question being a proxied by LMS https stream
> influence matters ?

I wasn't sure, but yes apparently it does.  When I play the https url
above I too see threshold=20480 in the radio log.  Looks like more
research is needed.

Code:
--------------------
    Feb 26 15:10:20 squeezeplay: DEBUG  audio.decode - Playback.lua:424 resume
audio bytesReceivedL=78520 outputTime=139 *threshold=20480*
--------------------

mrw wrote:
> Well, you will have thought of things by next Christmas ! But, combined
> with some modification to the stream start up timing, matters seem to be
> much improved.
> I'll keep using the modified binary and report back if anything else
> emerges.

Must be getting close already...just noticed that there are 'several
threshold overrides in Playback.lua'
(https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeplay/blob/master/src/squeezeplay/share/jive/audio/Playback.lua#L909).
Something else to investigate.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.