Regarding Florca's option 2), using DVB-S as a source, I'm currently
using a Windows solution using ProgDVB. This has a service called Prog
Media Server wich enables a Shoutcast stream to talk directly to
Slimserver.

It seems limited to six programmes on the same transponder, but calling
them up via a playlist from the Squeezebox gives a very solid source.

I usually have it tuned to the ARD transponder on Astra at 19.2°E
giving me six classical music programmes at 320 kbps CBR. It works
equally robustly on the BBC stations on Astra at 28.2°E but at 192kbps.

What would be nice is a method of generating a Shoutcast stream from
the currently tuned radio station and some method of changing the
channel from the Squeezebox. Any ideas?

--
Skye