Phil Meyer;205621 Wrote:
> I tried this plugin, but can't get anything to play.
>
> I see the Wave Input plugin menu option.  When I hit play, it says Now
> Playing Nothing.  If I try to right-arrow into the Wave Input menu
> option, I get a blank screen.
>
> Is this plugin compatible with 6.5.3, or is it 7.0 only?
>
> Phil

I have this working OK on 6.5.3, although I had a problem getting the
audio card to behave.  I have used the Shoutcast server in the past and
I think some of its settings got in the way of this plugin.

Anyway after playing around with the audio tab in control panel it
worked OK.  The levels were a bit high and I had to reduce the main
volume on the PC to about 50% to prevent distortion on the stream.

I also found that streaming with mp3 was very poor quality - haven't
looked at that problem yet, but maybe the default settings are for low
bitrate??

Apart from that it's a great enhancement, good work.

--
Ramage

P2 266MHz,Linux ClarkConnect 3.2, SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11851,
Alien 1.06, perl 5.8.8
P4 2.6GHz, Win XP, SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12147 - Windows XP,
Alien 1.06
NSLU2 Unslung 6.8b SlimServer Version: 6.3.1 - 8476 - Linux, No Alien