I am running Custum Browse 1.22.4 and Slimserver 6.5.2 and use the CLI
interface very heavily from touchscreens of my own design(software that
is).  1.22.4 cleared up the only issue I had. Have you checked it and
the wikki for the CLI documentation.

To startout I issue something like

SlimPlayers(SMx).id + " custombrowse browse 0 100"

And get back the list of items under the custom browse menu.  I am not
sure what I would get beack if custombrowse was not installed, but I
suspect I would not get any data back, perhaps just the command echo.

I also use multilibrary and have set up one lbrary called Stereo Music.
That is what I get back when I issue the above command. Hope that helps

--
barrygordon