> I tried streaming to two players, which worked, although I think it
> incurs further latency.  I haven't tried syncing two players yet :-)
I think this will depend on whether the sound card drivers can supoprt
multiple client applications. It seems the Audigy may if you were able
to have two players listening to the same input.
> How do the Slimserver File Types settings work?  I see there are Wave
> Input to FLAC, MP3 or WAV - will the players always go for the highest
> quality available option?  If I want to transcode to FLAC, do I untick
> WAV only, or do I untick MP3 too?  Can different players transcode to
> different formats?I've always wondered about this! I tried it with all three
> (wav, flac &
mp3) enabled, and it uses flac.

I haven't verified this, but I would hope it tries to maximize quality
and minimize bandwidth. However, to be sure I'm getting what I expect,
I usually turn off all the ones I don't want.

You can specify what formats are used by which players in the
convert.conf files. The double asterisk means all player types, all
players. You can make the conversions quite specific to manage
bandwidth/quality issues. See the server\convert.conf file for more
info. The server\Plugins\WaveInput\wavin-convert.conf file is processed
the same way.

--
pbjbryan