I'm new to this forum, and new to LMS/Squeezebox, but I'm experienced
with home automation and networking.

I have LMS and the Airplay Bridge running on a Raspberry Pi, and they
are working well. I have 2 AV receivers, a Yamaha and a Denon, and both
have Airplay. They are both detected by Airplay Bridge and are working
properly.

What I would like to be able to do is use the Zone 2 feature on each of
the receivers, ideally having Zone 2 show up as a separate player in
LMS. For example, I have a Yamaha receiver in my basement. The main zone
shows up via Airplay as Basement. The receiver's Zone 2 is wired to
speakers in my back yard. I'd like to have an additional player in LMS
called Backyard, that would use Airplay to play to Zone 2 of the Yamaha
receiver. Currently, I can do this by choosing the Basement player in
LMS, then switching over to the Yamaha remote app, turning on Zone 2 for
Airplay, and turning off Zone 1. It works, but it's cumbersome, and it
will interrupt anyone using the receiver in the basement (Main Zone).
The Denon has a similar set up, with the main zone in one room and Zone
2 in another.

Both the Yamaha and the Denon can be controlled over IP, and I do have
the control protocols. So, what I'd like to know is whether there is a
way to:

1. Set up two players in LMS/Airplay Bridge for each receiver, one for
the main zone and one for Zone 2;
2. Whenever a player is selected, have LMS send the necessary control
codes to the appropriate receiver to configure it to play to the proper
zone.

Before I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this, I
thought I'd check in here to see if someone had already had success with
something similar, or had tried and determined it was impossible.

Thanks for any help you can give.