peterw;206846 Wrote:

> If you find, as I thought I did, that BR.EXE wants serial port names
> like "/dev/ttyS0" instead of "COM1" for the "-x" argument, then I'd
> suspect a permissions problem -- that the SlimServer process is running
> as a user account that doesn't have permissions to the serial port. I'm
> just now looking into that.

The permissions for serial ports are tied to permissions on registry
key entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM
By default, XP seems to give Full Control to Local System, and by
default Slimserver's Windows service seems to run as Local System, so
there shouldn't be any permissions problems with the com port.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock