RobbH wrote:
> I assume you want to save a Favorite that will start a defined Dynamic
> Playlist, not a static copy of a playlist previously generated by the
> plugin. I think it can be done in Material, although several steps are
> required.
>
> First, go to Material Settings. Under Browse --> Home Screen Items, be
> sure "Extras" is checked.
>
> Now open Extras in the Browse menu and select SQL Playlist. You should
> find a list of all Dynamic Playlist definitions. Locate the one you want
> and click the pencil icon to edit it. At the bottom of the page is the
> name of the xml file, in this format: randomtracks1jcr.sql.values.xml.
> Make note of it, specifically the first part.
>
> Now go to the Favorites menu and click the heart+ icon to add a
> Favorite. In the dialog that pops up, give it a name and for the URL
> enter "dynamicplaylist://sqlplaylist_" plus the first part of the name
> of the xml file. So, using my example file name, the URL is
> "dynamicplaylist://sqlplaylist_randomtracks1jcr".
>
> That seems to work for me, and I hope it will for you. It's always
> possible that something's different on your system, so your mileage
> might vary.

Easy to do on a laptop. Less easy on a mobile device. But the
instructions are solid. Thank you.

Obviously, another solution is the switch to the Default or Classic
skin, then choose Home > Dynamic Playlists and favorite it there.

Neither is obvious or intuitive, but that's not the Material UI's fault.
I looked at Squeeze Ctrl before posting my query. Craig is correct; it
also does not support marking dynamic playlists as favorites. Neither
does iPeng. It makes me wonder what is special about the Classic and
Default skins that make it work there but not elsewhere. I understand
Craig's reluctance to add plugin-specific code, especially for a plugin
he doesn't use personally. (I wonder how many coffees -- no, pints --
I'd have to buy him to convince him otherwise. :D )