markmun;207806 Wrote:
> Does anyone know, is there anyway to save my stats and ratings when I
> move my files.  I need to move my music to a new drive.  I read that it
> works if you have tagged with Musicbrainz.   If I run Musicbrainz to tag
> my files before I move them, will I then be able to move my files? Or am
> I just out of luck? (which would be very sad).

There are two solutions. If you are doing this once and is moving all
the files, solution 2 is probably easiest. Solution 1 will be a bit of
work but it will be worth it in the long run if you move around files
once in a while.

Solution 1:
1. Tag your files with Musicbrainz
2. Perform a slimserver full rescan
3. Move all the files
4. Perform a slimserver full rescan

Solution 2:
Do as Phil says:
1. Perform a backup of statistic in TrackStat section of Server
Settings/Plugins. Make sure you get a backup file that contains the
statistic information.
2. Move all the files
3. Perform a slimserver full rescan
4. Choose to remove all statistics in TrackStat section in Server
Settings/Plugins
5. Choose to restore the backup in TrackStat section in Server
Settings/Plugins.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))