There are 3 significant tables in the db
Albums
Tracks
Contributors

Album_id is the ID no assigned to an an album in the albums table

Every Contributor has an ID
The contributors table contains an entry for any entity the scan finds
whether it be band, artist, composer, conductor etc

Artist_id is from the Tracks table and equates to the Contributor ID of
the principal track artist (I think - I’m typing from memory). In the
tracks table you will also find columns for album_id, composer_id etc
etc

As I say a bit of a dig into the tables explains a lot. If you do take a
look make sure you only look at a copy of library.db and stop LMS before
you take the copy.

I think I’m correct in saying that the LMS scanner uses a piece of
generic Perl - Audio::Scan - but it’s Michael and his predecessors who
have decided how to populate the database from the tags data it finds
accordingly.

Everything in LMS works from the db except Music Folder browsing and
More, More Info, View Tags

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS