philippe_44 wrote:
> Trying to still have a life...
>
> It's a bug in LMS where negative volume ended-up being reverted. As you
> can see below, there is no protection in the look-up table to negative
> volume. I've submitted a PR

I apologize for my impatience, Philippe. ;-)  Thanks for the clear
explanation and LMS pull request. On a related LMS muting matter, could
you please take a look at this 'issue'
(https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/discussions/558) that I opened a
couple of weeks ago regarding the behavior of a muted player upon
receiving an incremental volume change? Michael closed it and moved it
to the discussions with a counter-argument that I find not at all
convincing. I plan on pursuing it further in the forum at some point but
I would appreciate your opinion on it if you have the time. I have
recently taken on a co-developer role on the "Denon AVP/AVR Control" LMS
plugin and have added hardware mute/unmute support for the AVR based on
CLI "mixer muting" callback commands but the (in my opinion,
counter-intuitive) behavior described in the discussion unnecessarily
complicates things for me, as I imagine it would in your plugins also.

Thanks again.

Sam