SamY wrote:
> Okay. It actually has nothing to do with what version of the plugin you
> are using. It does have to do with what firmware your AVR is using
> though. Only the newer models react this way to a PWON command. My
> AVR-3311ci (circa 2009) doesn't exhibit this behavior. Anyway, I have
> coded and tested a change that I am hopeful will work for all AVP/AVR
> models. It uses ZM? and ZMON instead of PW? and PWON for powering up the
> main zone, and ZMOFF instead of PWSTANDBY for powering it down. It works
> for me. Hopefully it will work for everyone. A new v4.1 version of
> DenonAvpComms.pm is attached for your testing.

Wow. Yuck. BTW, I recently aquired a Yamaha AVR and boy, their
documentation is *so* much nicer. They have a single document for the
YNCA protocol
(https://www.sdu.se/pub/yamaha/yamaha-ynca-receivers-protocol.pdf) that
explicitly documents the difference between models.

FYI, my 2309CI responds to ZMON, PWON, PWSTANDBY, and ZMOFF as you
describe.

SamY wrote:
> there is an indication of a possible memory corruption problem as some
> of the lines in the log file seem to have been overwritten with a bunch
> of garbage characters

FYI, my setup (ser2net on Raspbian using a USB/RS232 dongle to expose
the AVR as a TCP service) would give me "garbage" control characters if
ser2net was configured to expose the serial port in "telnet" mode. It
looks like using ser2net "raw" mode fixes this problem (my plugin also
has a routine to strip anything outside ASCII 0x20-0x7F, so it is able
to also work with ser2net telnet mode).

owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
(which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much
time on the forums.
*Free plugins:* AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu
DenonSerial
FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock