I think I have figured it out. I had created the 'My Playlists' folder
in D:\ and customised the folder to show the special folder icon
containing a music note. This seems to stop the plugin from gaining
write access.

The reason it all stopped working was because I was copying the entire
folder around, and hence obviously retaining this customisation.

Once I deleted this folder, and created a new one (same name on the
same drive - D:) I was able to save to it no problem.

Windows is obviously doing something weird when you set these
customisations which is screwing up the permissions somehow.

--
SumnerBoy