I'm also interested in getting support for the audio component of
Twitch.tv streams into LMS. DJ streams on Twitch have exploded over the
last year, and it's often a pain to wait for a TV + Chromecast to 'boot
up' when LMS is running 24/7 in every room.

Is there a plugin which will simply execute a command on the LMS and
expect it to spit out an MP3 or AAC stream on its stdout ?

I want to use the existing 'livestreamer'
https://docs.livestreamer.io/cli.html tool which already supports both
Twitch and an 'audio only' mode and am happy to try to shoehorn it in
via some kind of 'execute external command with parameter 'Username''

No point in reinventing the wheel!

Cheers,
Gavin.