DavidBulluss wrote:
> Yes, I understand that logic, but for may set-up the missing part of the
> puzzle is that I sometimes run Z1 on the same amp I am running Z2 and I
> always set Z1 manually (it has the main household TV etc. running
> through it and source gets changed unpredictably by grand kids, spouse
> etc.) so I set it manually depending on the mood at a volume and adjust
> music vol using LMS. Hence keeping LMS variable suits.
>
> Cheers, David

At the risk of being redundant...

Running with the Zone 2 LMS player output level set to 100% does not
mean that you lose the ability to set the Zone 2 AVR volume from your
LMS client app. And it has absolutely no effect on your main zone
settings. On the contrary, it will allow you to do EXACTLY what you are
trying to do. Just set the Zone 2 player output level to 100% in LMS,
define your Zone 2 Quick Select to set the initial Zone 2 preamp volume
when it is powered on, and use your client app from wherever you are,
whether it's on the porch, at the neighbor's house, or anywhere else in
range of your wifi router, to control every aspect of the player,
including the volume. It's a no-brainer, and is the way the plugin was
meant to work. I am still waiting for someone to present me with a valid
scenario that would require, or even make sense for, running the plugin
with variable LMS player output. I'm starting to understand why Peter's
Denon plugin requires that it to be set to 100% or it won't even start
up. I blame much of the confusion regarding this issue on the wording of
the LMS player menu option description, which is unclear and prone to
misinterpretation. Anyway, give it a try and keep enjoying your
Squeezebox experience.

Sam