kinoimkeller wrote:
> Yepp, did that: None of the tracks that the headless server tells me
> that are mixable, have the option showing up in LMS...
>

> Another yepp: I can see exactly that info (with different # of tracks).
>

> Might be a reason that I scanned the tracks on a windows machine and
> copied the default.m3lib over to the raspi? The music folder structure
> on windows itself is identical with the one in the raspberry. However,
> the absolute paths obviously differ: e.g. D:\Music\ABBA vs.
> /home/pi/Music/ABBA. Opening default.m3lib in vi I can see the Windows
> paths. However, I think I read somewhere that MusicIP can handle this.
>
> All my mp3s have their analysis results stored in the respective
> MUSICMAGIC tags. What I cannot do is run the scan in the headless
> version on the pi itself as for some reason it doesn't recognize the
> tags and cannot rebuild the DB based on the archived files. That's I
> have to go the roundabout route via copying the default.m3lib from Win
> to the raspberry...

I think that is the reason why it will not work.
You should scan and embed the fingerprint into the tracks via Windows
(that's the time consuming part) but you should not copy the m3lib
library to your raspberry (different path). Instead let the musicIP
sever of the Raspberry scan and create a new library - if it finds the
embedded fingerprints, scanning should be very reasonable and fast and
the library will be created withing few minutes.
Sugacube can handle different paths, but only when the MusicIP server
runs on a different machine. Moving the database / library will not work
as far as I know.