fletch wrote:
> I have too many devices in my living room named Living room and trying
> to give them slightly distinct names to cut down on the confusion.
>
> I have a radio receiver/amp that has both upnp and airplay. On the upnp
> plugin I was able to successfully rename it living room303u
>
> Now I am trying to rename the airplay side as living room303a
>
> It renames fine, but when the plugin restarts it goes back to living
> room303 and doesn't want to keep the new name.
>
> Any ideas on how to make it stick?
> Thanks...

Found some instructions and these steps worked for me:

vii.     Make sure the ‘Start the Bridge’ tickbox is unticked

viii.   Edit the parameters if you need to (you can, for example, change
the name of the player).

ix.       Save these values and restart the plugin by ticking the 'Start
the Bridge' tickbox and press 'Apply'.

cheers...