SpiderJon wrote:
> Not sure about iPlayer vs Sounds (I stopped using iPlayer a while ago),
> but I do find that the volume level can vary quite markedly between
> different programmes in Sounds.
>
> In some cases it may be a "perceived volume" issue (eg, different
> dynamic ranges between music and speech programmes), but I think some
> programmes (esp. some podcasts) are produced at a higher volume.

That has been the case for as long as I recall. The program producer
&/or engineer will decide what the recording gain should be. Apparent
lower volume can also be a result of deliberately not using
dynamic-range compression. While I still used get-iplayer I adjusted the
file volume with aacgain as part of my download script. I'll trade
occasionally needing to turn up my amp for the overall convenience of
the Sounds plugin.