I got the same error as before saying to check I was Microsoft Visual
C++ Runtime (32-bit!). I updated that to 64 bit manually and everything
is now working OK, albeit a little be slowly. It takes around 3-5
seconds longer to add around 200 songs to a queue and there is some lag
in changing volume etc but I hope that will settle down.

Oh, I should update that message. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm a bit concerned that the LMS installation was partly stuck in 32bit,

LMS itself still is 32-bit indeed.

so was wondering if anything else needs to change. The Perl Version?

You can't update the Perl version without a _lot_ of work. So can't we :-(. Add to this that ActiveState (the vendor of the Perl tools we're using) recommends no longer bundling Perl the way we do. They've stopped developping those tools, which allow us to create background service, and recommend using Docker instead... Not the easy, user-friendly solution. We'll have to see how we're dealing with Windows gokng forward.