agbagb wrote:
> here in France

> It of course always happens from time to time, with specific programming
> or segments / guests.  But I'm getting it now half-way through, for
> example, a sports report, or an interview with a UK politician....

I suspect that with international football and tennis now on from 11:00
to 22:00 then BBC systems might go wrong when someone either has to
press a button (to indicate international rights prevent broadcast) or
perhaps a flag not correctly set in their internal EPG for their playout
systems or a late schedule change.

So a news report that happens to include audio from a sports event might
make this happen - and then someone forgets to clear it (like we
sometimes hear with traffic announcements on FM radio when driving along
and radio switches to local traffic news and then stays there for the
subsequent phone-in about pasties of the world).

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland