Hi guys,

Read this whole thread and found it interesting. Also sorry for for my Q
isn't 100% related to the OP's Q. I myself really not interested in any
streaming service, have my own library that I'm more than pleased with.
Anyway I'm huge fan of our "hobby" and more or less a music nerd and so
are many of my friends. Sad thing is that most of them are hooked on
"ease of use" more than quality of music (or SQ if you like). I've tried
to talk them into our little "community" but really have no arguments
why they should have a squeezebox type player. Many I know have a huge
CD collection just laying around stored somewhere and I find it quite
sad that instead of ripping their CD's to uncompressed they listen to
the same music as mp3 streams (in the worst case) on their phone thru
shitty headphones or maybe thru a BT to analogue device on their hifi. I
guess what I'm kind of asking is if there is any good arguments to play
their spotify stuff thru LMS instead? E.g more functionality? It seems
there is plug-ins they might give more functions?

Anotherthing I always wondered about is how does spotify and the likes
work with volume adjustment when only using their apps as playing
device? Is there replay gain embedded in their streams?  Or perhaps some
sort of compressor in their official apps? For me it would be
unthinkable to not have a replay gain function.