Couldn’t decide whether to stat a new thread.

I have a Hi-Fi subscription to Tidal.  My understanding is that the
LMS/Tidal Plug-In does not support MQA.  (Please correct me if I’m
wrong.)

In the past, my presumption has always been when I used LMS to play
Tidal, I was getting a CD Quality stream (if available).  But I now
notice that there are fewer and fewer standard 44.1/16 (non MQA) titles
to stream.  On another forum, a poster said that what a Tidal/LMS user
would now get s a truncated version of the 16 bits with the bits used
for MQA simply ignored.  I decided I would probably get a more
definitive answer here.

By the way, I have nothing inherently against MQA.  When it was
introduced, I did a comparison with normal 44.1/16 and found that in
some cases I preferred one; in other cases the other.  But I would not
be happy if I discovered in almost all cases I was getting 44.1/13.