cpd73 wrote:
> The maifest file is only (AFAIK) read by the browser when creating the
> shortcut. Hence if this is changed, a new shortcut is needed. General
> caching -should- be fine.

I definitely deleted the old shortcut and added it new. I manually
edited the manifest and restarted LMS, each time adding the shortcut to
the home screen. Three times, all the same. As soon as I cleared the
cache it worked.

Interestingly, I just tried Edge again now and it worked. I had launched
the shortcuts just prior to editing the manifest, so perhaps the cache
is quite short lived and somehow tied in to having used the shortcut.

I guess if re-adding doesn't work then clearing the cache is the best
next step.