I'm experimenting with a new feature.  I'll admit this one is sorta
selfish.  All my Squeezebox devices are plugged into Denon receivers.  I
know about the Denon Control plugin that will automatically turn on/off
such a Denon/Marantz receiver when you power on/off a squeezebox device.
And that works OK, except when my iPad happens to already be connected
to the AVR.  Older AVRs only allow a single connection, so in that case
the Denon Control plugin will fail.  Plus, I want to control the volume
of the AVR.  I know the Denon Control plugin will also let you sync the
player volume to the receiver volume, but I like to see the AVR's
version of volume -80..18 dB, so I can get it exactly where I want it.
I had already created a little app to control my Denon's from the PC, so
I decided to borrow a subset of that code and see if I could add this
capability to SLX.  I've been using it myself and I am considering
including in the Store version.

Once enabled in the "Advanced/Debug" settings, a button appears in the
Titlebar, and pressing it opens a floating Window that lets you choose a
Denon AVR and control it.  When you select the Denon AVR, SLX will
associate it with whatever the currently active player is, so after that
the Denon Control Window will open with the appropriate Denon AVR
already selected.  It will include a feature to automatically discover
all the compatible Denon's on your network and remember them.

It looks something like this:

35886

The will be a button to discover Denon AVR's and a button to open the
AVR's web page in a browser.

I am using a method that does not interfere with or get blocked by other
devices that may already be connect to the AVR.  I believe it is
compatible with basically all Denon/Marantz AVR's built since about 2013
that have network interfaces.

Of course, this will be of no interest to those that do not have
compatible Denon AVR's.  I don't consider this a main-stream capability,
but I happen to like it.  It would not be enabled by default and you
would have to enable it via the SLX advanced settings.

If anyone else thinks this is cool, feel free to chime in :)

R Greg Dawson

|Filename: DenonControl.png                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35886|

Squeezelite-X