> i have a mac, osx 10.4. i mention this because it's usually the problem.

Not this time :-)

> says in michael's instructions to go to 'player settings/plugins' (?) i

Oh, right, I'm sorry, these instructions are slightly outdated. It's now
in "Player Settings/MusicInfo Screen". There you can define how you want
the screen to look. And in the basic player settings you'll have to set it
as your screensaver.

> assume this is the 'plugins' section of server settings. this isn't the
> 'MUSIC INFORMATION SCREEN - FORMAT WHITELIST' setting is it, that
> doesn't seem right.

If you can see this, then it's loaded fine. No Mac trouble ;-). The above
is the one single global setting for MusicInfoSCR. What you want is in the
player settings.

I hope you'll figure it out. I'll be offline for a few days, won't be able
to answer until the end of the week.

Michael