I was getting  a TON of these entries:
[21-09-30 13:57:26.1402]
Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsValid (125) Warning:
file:///music/spotify:/track:34Tq4vFc9aiShjelMTEfdO found in playlist:
        file:///config/prefs/clientplaylist_00042007361b.m3u doesn't exist on
disk - skipping!

So it looks like when I use any LMS interface (either the web interface
or Squeezer) to select a Spotify play list, it creates the playlist on
the server, and looks for the song there. If I go into the console and
delete all the m3u files there, and restart, the LMS is useable again.
The only way I can get Spotify to work is to select the playlist from
the Spotify app, and have it play one the chosen LMS device of your
choice. This is annoying because now you have to use 2 apps, but it is
workable.

Tony