Paul Webster wrote:
> I am back at an old installation and trying to get AirPlay Bridge to
> work with an old AirPlay speaker that is here.
> It used to work until an upgrade of AirPlay Bridge removed support for
> RPi0 ... and that is what this pCP is running on.
>
> So I thought I would take a look to see if I could work out why it was
> failing - given that the armv6hf plugin code is still there.
>
> Turns out that the problem (LMS crashing with "illegal instruction" is
> due to
> Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/lib/5.32/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto/CryptX/CryptX.so
>
> so I removed it ... and now have AirPlay Bridge working on a PI0 and
> apparently happily since music is coming out of the old AirPlay device.
>
> I also had to do a chmod +x on the binaries in the plugin Bin directory
> - but I suspect that this was because the startup failed.
>
> So - perhaps that module is needed for more modern AirPlay devices and
> the loading of it could be avoided if running on ancient Pi - with a log
> message warning of the potential problem with communicating with some
> AirPlay devices.
> However, I think it might be loaded automatically by LMS because it is
> in a Bin directory of the plugin ... so to have the plugin load it
> itself may well be an issue.
>
> Next step is to see if a pCP backup and reboot results in it still
> working.
>
> Edit: Answer ... yes - still works

I will verify, but library is for pairing with an ATV. I probably can
make it a require. But I’m surprised the helper works with a Pi0. I
thought it did not, at least this is what I remember.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3