nyindieguy wrote:
> I just followed the directions to transition to the new (and properly
> named) versions of DPL and Custom Skip. I'm having two issues that I
> can't seem to fix.
>
> 1. When I click on SQL Playlist, I get the following error: "ERROR!!!
> Cannot find DynamicPlayList plugin, please make sure you have installed
> and enabled at least DynamicPlayList 1.3"
>
> 2. If I look at my custom playlists, either in SQL PLaylist or in DPL 3,
> there is no longer the dropdown box for Custom Skip.
>
> Did I do something wrong?
No, you didn't. What you are witnessing are some effects of the DPL3/CS3
renaming on the SQLPlayList plugin. The SQLPlayList plugin code expects
the old names - which will obviously never come back. That's why I try
to minimize or avoid ties between plugins. Thank you for letting me
know. I'll revise the FAQ notes on SQLPlayList compatibility in the next
days.

BTW the dropdown menu only ever existed in SQLPlayList but you probably
called SQLPlayList from DPL with the -edit- button (which just redirects
you to the SQLPlayList plugin). This redirect has probably led some
users to believe that DPL is involved in *creating* dynamic playlists.
But it -never- has been and -never will-, it just -plays- them.
Unless somebody else starts maintaining the SQPlayList plugin and
makes/keeps it compatible with DPL3 & CS3 this dropdown menu is gone.

The good news is that you can still make DPL use CustomSkip filter sets
by adding a playlist parameter to the SQLite code. Save your playlist in
SQPlayList as -Customized SQL- and on the next screen *before* the
sqlite statement itself, where the playlist parameters are (starting
with --), add the playlist parameter for your customskip filter set as
explained in the '*DPL wiki*'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-dynamicplaylists/wiki/DPL-playlist-format#general-parameters)
in the paragraph below -Action/CLI parameters-.

And, of course, the renaming opened up the possibility of sticking with
the old versions (2.x). If you need CustomSkip2 you'd have to make a
pull request to the LMS repo ('see Erland's post'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115073-Announce-Dynamic-Playlists-3-(mod)&p=1037619&viewfull=1#post1037619)).

*Plugin repositories:* 'Ratings Light'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-ratingslight) •••• 'Visual Statistics'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-visualstatistics) •••• 'Use Comment Tag