Thanks for your quick response, Erland. In between I did the following
and solved most of the problem:

1. Again a complete re-install of the slimserver software.

2. A new restore from the backup file, not useless because I didn't
move any files to another folder. After a while, looking in the
TrackStat web interface, I saw first positive results. I gave the
restore process time overnight, because I saw an ongoing scanning
process (scanner.exe) in the task manager after hours.

3. I performed a trackstat scheduled backup at 3.00 A.M.

When I looked at the results this morning, I recognized 2 things:

1. The trackstat scheduled backup had produced a file of 3.7 mb data
(instead of 4.3 mb in the restore file). Does that mean, I still have
lost data?

2. There must have been a computer-crash with automatic restart 2 hours
after the trackstat backup process. I found the typical chkdsk-Folder
"FOUND0000..." with parts of a slimserver textfile. Does that mean that
the scanning process (and perhaps the restore process(?) ) had not been
finished at that time?

Thank you very much for your support in advance.

Martin

--
Capricorn