Thanks for your response, Erland.

<Martin, I think your problem is with the Mixed Tag scanning module.

How large is your library ?> --- 8,800 songs.

<Have you tried to see if the problem only occured at the first
scanning or every time you scan ?>-----

That's difficult to say, because I'm not really sure, that the first
scanning after upgrading came to an end. Even when slimserver-scanning
seemed to be finished, showing the number of albums, tracks, etc., only
a moment later it was scanning again. I left the pc working alone for
hours, but when I came back, it was still scanning, and there were
always these annoying drop-outs. I restartet slimserver - same
procedure!

What I recognized in the cpu-performance screen of the windows
task-manager was, that erverytime a drop-out occured, there was no data
sent by slimserver to the CPU. It looked like a temporary crash of
slimserver.

Should I go back to an earlier version of the plugin?

Martin

--
Capricorn