DONE :D

This thread can be marked as solved. I was able to revert my crappy ssh
changes via a Tech Support entry, from then on it really was not very
difficult anymore. By now the database queries run inside the ssh
session on the NAS writing the results on the share that is accessible
by NFS. Ha, I might even put that inside a cron job...

Thanks once more for pointing me in the right direction plus showing me
a migration path on from the Duo v2.

Let's see if Santa got a Raspberry Pi for me, so I can start migrating
LMS to picoreplayer.org soon before I get hit by TLS1.0/TLS1.1
deprecation.

:cool: