mruddo wrote:

> [B]streaming_extractor_music.exe "m:\my music\FLAC\Sigur Rós\Ágætis
> Byrjun\10-Avalon.flac" out.json

I -think- it's an encoding issue. Essentia writes its output to a JSON
file. The script then reads this file to extract items to save to the
DB. Linux is all (?) utf-8, so has no issues. With Windows it fails to
load the JSON if it has utf-8 characters - as utf-8 is not Windows'
default encoding. What I need to do is tell python it's utf-8 before
opening the file. Will fix later.

mruddo wrote:
> Interestingly, it also looks like much of the low level I did not expect
> to see in the output... e.g.
>
> *"danceability": 0.955245614052*

No, this danceability is not the same as the "danceable" attribute. I
thought about using it, but it appears very inconsistent.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.