Analysis is proceeding. It runs and completes but with the following in
the debug log. The issues seem to be transient, in the sense that when I
rerun the analysis new files are added, reducing the number of
unanalyzed files. Still because of these issues, after each run I am
left with thousands of unanalyzed files and I start again. After running
it three times, I have about 7000 files to analyze (starting from
20,000).

- Meta:NONE  There is Musicbrainz and other metadata present in the
  files.
- Thread exception? - name 'resp' is not defined My files are on a
  mounted network drive, but the only thing the computer is actively
  doing is analysis.
- gzip: /mnt/g/music-similarity/cache/Abba Gold - Greatest Hits/1997 -
  1-8 - The Winner Takes It All.flac.json.gz: Operation not permitted
  /mnt/g is a local drive that is read/write and the file does get
  written; it's present.

Even with needing to re-run the analysis, it -is- working. I've
inspected the .db file to confirm and there are thousands of .json.gz
files in the cache directory. Just curious about the above items.

cpd73 wrote:
> If you re-run then newly, or un-analysed, tracks will be analysed and
> added. Any tracks that are in the DB but not on disk will be removed
> from the DB. If you want to keep these non-existant tracks in the DB the
> pass "--keep-old"

This statement hints that after a track has been analyzed it is skipped
in future analysis runs but isn't explicit. Is that what actually
happens?

When I start the analysis, nothing actively happens for hours after the
Temp folder phase. I assume a process is querying my music folder for
files, but I wouldn't think that would take hours each and every time.
(Not a complaint, just an observation. I recognize that analysis is not
something that will need to be done frequently, and in my case is being
done with a system that isn't actively used for much else, making it a
non-issue.)

Code:
--------------------

  prabbit@system1:/mnt/g/music-similarity$ ./music-similarity.py --analyse
/mnt/f/flac_mp3 -l DEBUG --keep-old
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D musly.lib set to linux/x86-64/libmusly.so
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D essentia.extractor set to
/mnt/g/music-similarity/linux/x86-64/essentia_streaming_extractor_music
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D essentia.highlevel set to True
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 I Found:
/mnt/g/music-similarity/linux/x86-64/essentia_streaming_extractor_music
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Init DB
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Analyse /mnt/f/flac_mp3
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Init Musly
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Using: /mnt/g/music-similarity/linux/x86-64/libmusly.so
(b'libav')
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Musly init done
  2022-01-11 11:59:04 D Temp folder: /tmp/tmpf6sixznn