Hello,

I've spent my week-end trying MixedTag/CustomTag/CustomBrows plugins...
first of all I must say thanks to erland...what a incredible tools those
plugins are! This is the definitive plugin for music maniacs... but not
for the faint of heart! It's not very easy to understand correctly how
is everything is working. The "step by step" documentation in erland
wiki is of great help!

But this said, here is the reason of this post...

I'm facing a little problem with MixedTag and Custom Browser and
accented characters.

Tags are working well in slimserver standard browsing menus but as soon
as I'm using custom browse, "Names" of composers or conductors are cut
at the first accented character.

Ex:
Classical Music   / Composer / Artist

All Songs
---------------------
Bach, Johann Sebastian
Beethoven, Ludwig van
Debussy, Claude
Dvo?
Mendelssohn, F

Missings are "Dvořák, Antonín", "Händel, Georg Friderich",
"Mendelssohn, Félix"

The problem is the same with conducturs ( "Böhm, Karl" ).

When I look at the tables, here is what I have:
=================
mysql> select distinct module,attr,value from
customscan_track_attributes where attr='CONDUCTOR' limit 100;
+----------+-----------+---------------------------+
| module   | attr      | value                     |
+----------+-----------+---------------------------+
| mixedtag | CONDUCTOR | B�hm, Karl                |
| mixedtag | CONDUCTOR | Dombrecht, Paul           |
+----------+-----------+---------------------------+
11 rows in set (0.03 sec)

And if I change to UTF8 the mysql command line charset, it's ok:
====================
mysql> \C utf8
Charset changed
mysql> select distinct module,attr,value from
customscan_track_attributes where attr='CONDUCTOR' limit 100;
+----------+-----------+---------------------------+
| module   | attr      | value                     |
+----------+-----------+---------------------------+
| mixedtag | CONDUCTOR | Böhm, Karl                |
| mixedtag | CONDUCTOR | Dombrecht, Paul           |
11 rows in set (0.03 sec)

The problem is the same when using the squeezebox instead of the web
ui. The html code source show no error... just cleanly truncated
names.

Have I missed something? Is there a solution to my problem?

--
vrobin