castalla wrote:
> I don't have a powered hub.  I've no idea why a hub is listed.
I think it is internal h/w to Pi to make the 4 ports. Just checking.

> So, the data cable of the Y lead is plugged into the pi.  The power
> cable of the Y is attached to a power adapter with 5v 2.4 amp.
> Bluetooth (dongle) is active for output to bt headphones (which works
> brilliantly)..  Internal bt is off.
Should be OK.

I've stripped things back on my test PCP to get closer to your system

It is now:
- Music folder is network CIFS
- Playlist folder setting is blank so it will default to Cache
- no KBD, mouse or USB stick.
- no powered USB Hub, CD drive is now plugged (both plugs) into Pi
directly
- no other USB device plugged into Pi.
- Radio on Wifi as the single test player.
- Pi is networked using ethernet.

It still plays OK.

To see if the remaining differences are the cause, to test can you
change your system to be similar (i.e. the 2 plugs from CD drive into Pi
- no ext PSU, remove BT dongle, disable BT) and Radio as single player.