sheeple wrote:
> I want to listen to my music both from my workstation aswell as from the
> pCP, which is connected to my HiFi. If I cannot do this, I need to
> manage my music twice, which will make it very difficult to keep track
> which directories are up to date.
>
> I thought samba was the solution, but seemingly only on some Win10
> machines.

This doesn't address your share problem, but you can use Squeezelite-X
installed on your Win PC to listen to your library which is on your pcP.
LMS running on your pcP is a server for your "network". You use
"players" at each listening location. Squeezelite-X makes your PC a
"player"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108550-Announce-Squeezelite-X&highlight=squeezelite-x

as @ktp mentioned, Samba give your access to your mounted drive on your
pcP over the network. The drive is a "network location" but looks just
like any other folder to win apps, file explorer, etc.

Jim