mamema wrote:
> just for the records, the musicip for linux has version 1.8ish and has
> problems with high res files. The 1.9ish version doesn't have this, but
> was only released on windows. So i created a linux docker with wine and
> the windows version of musicip. It's in the docker hub. Working fine
> since several years now.....

mamema - tell me more , please. The docker hub -
https://hub.docker.com/r/mamema/musicip_wine - entry is 'sparse'.

When you say "So i created a linux docker with wine and the windows
version of musicip" is this the full gui or just a headless 1.9ish
version ?
What are the commands to load the container  ? I have MIP running using
this script -
docker run -d \
--name=musicip \
-e PUID=1000 \
-e PGID=1000 \
-e TZ=Australia/Sydney \
-p 10002:10002 \
-v
"/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cd59f9cd-585b-4c6f-840f-966d2e6e45cc/Storage/Music":"/music":rw
\
-v "/SSD_Data/MIP":"/config":rw \
--network host \
--restart unless-stopped \
ptoulouse/musicip

My son got the linux 1.8 version with the GUI (MusicMagicMixer) running
for me on Ubuntu but has not visited since I built an Open Media Vault
server (as a replacement for an old Vortex Box) and used SeanMiddleton's
instructions to install LMS and MIP containers. I am going to get my son
to put the Linux MIP GUI in a container, but if you have the windows MIP
GUI in a container that will be much better as it was not just high res
files that had bugs and the Linux MIP is single threaded while the Win
will go to 8 threads.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
Three things I hate in life :
1. Vandalism
2. Irony
3. Lists