Apesbrain wrote:
> If available, please include the "Width" function.  It would be great to
> have the ability to easily save/load/edit/re-save "Preset"
> configurations.
>
> A "CLIPPING+" warning in the UI as well as a "Pre-amp" level adjustment
> would be useful; maybe with an "Auto" option.
>
> If there are log files, please provide some way of managing their size.
> Inguz's log can get large if not deleted from time to time.
>
> I'm not clear on what "Would need to be at fixed sample rate across the
> pipeline" means.  Most people, I think, expect a 24/192 file to arrive
> at their DAC as 24/192 and the same for 16/44.  Is that possible?
> Assume any convolution WAV exists as 32-bit FP or 24-bit.
>
> Thanks for asking.

If available, please include the "Width" function - if it's available it
will be included.
It would be great to have the ability to easily save/load/edit/re-save
"Preset" configurations - yes that should be core functionality.
If there are log files, please provide some way of managing their size.
Inguz's log can get large if not deleted from time to time. - agreed.
A "CLIPPING+" warning in the UI as well as a "Pre-amp" level adjustment
would be useful; maybe with an "Auto" option. I think that clipping is
logged, but not sure how real-time it is. Initially you would need to
check the log and adjust gain manually.

Last point, and sorry about the long answer...
I am talking with Henrik the CamillaDSP developer about how the
convolution engine handles streams with different sample rates vs the
impulse wav files that are stored. For example if you stream a flac file
it may be 44.1k 16 bit or 192k 24 bit or may even contain a DSD or MQA
file. The point being that the file get's unpacked and passed onto the
next process in the stream. If this next process does not know how to
handle a different rate then we will need to fix the rate say to 96k 24
bit and use that throughout. Go too high and you may break some players,
go too low and people will lose resolution that they have paid for. It
is relatively easy to lock the rate as I have described, and add a
resample option to the UI, but I am asking Henrik if it is possible to
choose an impulse file based off the incoming rate, and maybe
passthrough with a warning logged if it can't handle it.

Hope that makes sense!