cpd73 wrote:
> Material uses LMS's cometd interface to be notified of changes.I have
> noticed this can be slow (as I think LMS batches updates), so after most
> commands Material also explicitly asks for status. However, by slow I
> mean over a second - not minutes.
>
> All I can suggest is that you use Material's debug (see my sig) with
> "debug=json,cometd" to see if the status back from LMS is correct.
>
> I have made some changes for 3.0.1 that might help with this. Is there
> any chance you can try the git/master version? If you do not know how
> then just wait for the next release (don't mean to be rude with this,
> just its not worth the hassle to explain right now if you are unsure of
> this).
>

> Are you stating Material's now-playing screen is out of date? As in it
> shows the wrong info? That would be very odd, and I have never seen
> this. Perhaps look in the console tab of your browser's developer tools
> to see if any errors are logged?

Hi Craig;

I'll wait for the next release. I'll also try to reproduce and document
exactly what I am seeing and how I got there. I saw it first about a
month ago, but then I did something that resolved it (don't recall -
restart pcp, LMS?). I just noticed it again yesterday.

What I mean by the affect on 'now playing' is this - Now playing, even
the menus, follows the status of the the power icon, not the actual
player. So, in my example, if the boom is physically off/power icon off,
I select touch, pull down and power on boom, player comes on, icon does
not change, then select boom, player still on, but icon off, now playing
does not update until the power icon is correct. In the case of my
previous testing, once in this state, with boom selected, I would click
on the boom power icon, and it would eliminate, then the now playing
would refresh. Of course the player was always on.

But, I don't have alot of time today and cannot replicated exactly what
I saw, so let's just table the whole thing unless others are seeing the
same thing, until I can do some testing. I'll use the debug and try to
drill down as to what I am seeing. But perhaps it's just me clicking the
icon faster than LMS handles the interface com.

Also, like I said, not trying to create work for you or anyone, just
wanted to point out what I saw in case it would provoke an "ah-ha"

Jim